About the Festival
This is a teaching festival. Its purpose is to make your ensembles better. Directors should not try to have their groups be performance ready. You may perform up to 2 pieces in the 45 minute time block (this includes set up and tear down). The remainder of the time will be used to improve your ensemble’s sound, style and performance of their music.
If you cannot attend the live festival you may submit up to 2 videos of your group. Comments will be sent to you the day of the festival. Email links to your videos to Lisa Butts firstname.lastname@example.org Your recorded comments will be emailed to you.
Complete all of the information requested to enter your group in the festival. You will receive an email that will contain your festival invoice within 2 business days.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016: Hanford-Hanford High School (site host: Lisa Butts)
- Clinicians: Les Nunes, Brian Hamada
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016: Fresno-Bullard High School (site host: Barb Shinaver)
- Clinicians: Paul Lucckesi, Les Nunes
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016: Pasadena-Caltech (site host: Barb Catlin)
- Clinicians: Wayne Bergeron, Barb Catlin
- Big Bands
- Middle School/High School/College Levels
- Non-Member $195 for First Ensemble (Includes membership in CAJ for Director)
- CAJ member $145 for First Ensemble
- 2nd Ensemble $145 for each additional ensemble
- 3rd Ensemble $145 for each additional ensemble
- 4th Ensemble $145 for each additional ensemble