Please join us for the 2016 California All-State Music Educator’s Conference at the beautiful San Jose Fairmont and Convention Center in San Jose, CA.
Jazz clinics and performances for CASMEC will include:
- Jazz Arranging for ALL Levels – Joe Mazzaferro
- Jazz Band Is Not Just Another Large Ensemble: Keeping Improvisation and Creativity the Focus of Rehearsals – Dr. Keith Kelly
- Lessons from the Masters: Using Recordings to Teach Students About Improvisation – Patrick Langham
- Understanding the Modern Rhythm Section – Dr. Anthony Fesmire
- Unison Methodologies Applied to Modern Jazz Styles: A Single Point of Reference – Richard J. Frank
- New Music Reading Session – Dan Bryan and Lisa Butts
- Vocal Jazz Ensemble: Tone and Style – Kate Reid
Our 2016 All-State Jazz Honor Groups directors are:
- JHS Band – Justin Padilla, Oak Middle School
- HS Band – Steve Roach, Sacramento State
- HS Vocal – Kate Reid, University of Miami
For more information about All-State Jazz auditions go to cbda.org. Audition deadline is December 1st.
For 2016 hotel information, please click HERE.
Click on the “Register Now” link below to register for CASMEC 2016
Registering through CAJ helps support jazz education and advocacy in California!